The leadership team met via Zoom on Monday evening and decided to re-open for worship in December. The options available will be the same as earlier in November.
• 9:00 Classic worship in-person, online, and on the radio
• 10:00 Sunday School: a class for children in the Chapel, youth downstairs, and an adult group in the Parlor
• 11:00 Contemporary worship—online only
• Jesus Country is open on Saturday night @ 5:30pm
• Our December 13 Christmas program will be online only (pre-recorded) at 4:00pm
• December 20 Blue Christmas service will be held in the Sanctuary
• Christmas Eve is intended to be in-person (with reservations)
The leadership acknowledged the Bishop’s directive from 2 weeks ago and caution for all gatherings. Scott County infections continue to decline from a high on November 20 (435 new cases) to November 30 (88 new cases). It was our best determination that the safety precautions being used for in-person worship have been effective. We will continue to mask and be separated by the 6-foot distance, hand sanitizer at the door.
As always, we would encourage those with a health risk, and those who feel sick, to worship from home.
The church website will continue to be the place to find updates on special events and changes in schedule. You can call the office, (563) 324-5278, if you have a question about the status on an activity.