This is Palm Sunday weekend coming (can I just say, this isn’t how I thought my first Holy Week at my new church would go!!)
I am learning new skills on the computer and I am proud of how I hear St. John’s folks reaching out to one another and calling between members.
I wish we could all see each other on the weekend. I will be as close as allowed, and at the end of our broadcast I will ask you to join me in sharing Communion together. In preparation please have your bread and grape juice ready at home.
We will begin worship with a hymn that sings the account of Jesus riding into Jerusalem on a donkey and we hope to have some footage of children waving palm branches!
Holy week we experience the shift from a celebration parade, to Jesus’ sacrificial death on the cross. Palm Sunday is the “hinge” moment. Good Friday is the defining moment in our story as believers. Jesus experiences the worst that this world can do to someone. He goes into the valley of the shadow of death. (Psalm 23) This health pandemic is dragging all of us to the edge of the valley, forcing us to acknowledge our own mortality… it’s scary to consider… the health statistics for our world… the death count country by country… the anxiety levels surge along with the infection rates. The message this Sunday will invite us to reach out for God’s help in dealing with this wave of anxiety.
Message: How Does God Help in our Current Anxieties?
Text: Psalm 22:1-5 (My God, why have your forsaken me?)
- We will share in Communion this Sunday
- Facebook will live stream @ 10:00 (broadcast will also be located on the church website)
- Easter worship will have 2 options for broadcast time
- 9:00 Radio station WOC 1420a.m. (30 minutes of our Easter worship)
- 10:00 Facebook live streaming (full Easter service)
- Please have your Easter offering ready, we will be dedicating our gifts for God together at the end of worship each week.
--Pastor Jeff Dadisman