Monday night, Staff Parish Relations Committee approved a new option for Sunday worship. The Narthex/Cry Room space at the back of the sanctuary will be a “no mask” space.
How is this going to work?
- We are asking you to give us a RESERVATION so we know how many will be coming;
- This space will be independent from the rest of the sanctuary, and doors into sanctuary will remain closed;
- WORSHIPERS WILL ENTER VIA THE BRADY STREET RED DOORS;
- If you enter through the building, a mask will be needed until entering the narthex;
- Weekday use of the building will still require masks;
- This option will be on a trial basis for the month of September.
How did this decision get made?
- A series of leadership groups have wrestled with this decision.
- The re-opening task force discussed this earlier in August and sent a recommendation to try a “no mask option” to Church Council.
- Church Council discussed their recommendation but decided to table the issue and refer it to SPPRC.
- A week later SPPRC discussed this option further and the majority decided to make this option available in a trial basis in September.
This decision tries to balance the desire to worship without a mask, and the safety of everyone in the sanctuary.
We understand that this is a sensitive topic and it will be revisited at the end of the month.
As an additional precaution, for the safety of all, we have added a new Air Purification System in the sanctuary. It will help us in 3 ways…
- A charcoal filter will reduce odors
- The HEPA filter takes out dust and allergens
- And Ultraviolet Light will eliminate germs or virus particles
It will be allowed to run during the week, and is safe for people to be near when running.